When I first heard about Talent42 and the awesome lineup they were boasting (Amazon, Facebook, Google, Groupon and Microsoft just to name a few!), I was impressed – but not surprised since the Founders of Talent42 have earned massive street-cred in all areas of recruiting, especially tech recruiting. So when my old buddy, John Vlastelica, offered Reveal an opportunity to be a sponsor, we jumped in with both feet. John Vlastelica and Carmen Hudson have led the development of this Talent42 tech recruiting conference where, amongst other values to attending, the program will improve all participant’s abilities to "woo the super geek". Since Reveal is not a trade show, booth-type company, this “un-conference” that John and Carmen have created is exceptionally fitting for us. They have banned tchotchkes and other "schwag" – love it! Gosh, what will people do without their blinky pens, company embossed highlighter or stress ball? Sounds like this is going to be very different than other technical recruiting events and we are thrilled to be involved in the inaugural first-of-its-kind “un-conference”, 100% focused on technology recruiting.
Very interesting statistics from the roster of attendees:
- Mostly Corporate:about 90% corporate, 10% search/agency
- Of the Corporate Attendees: 55% are tech recruiters, 38% are recruiting managers/directors, and 8% are engineering hiring managers
- Good Diversity of Team Size: 56% come from companies with 10 or fewer people in their recruiting teams, 16% have 11-40 recruiters, and 29% have big teams (40+ recruiters)
- An Experienced Group: 53% of attendees have 8+ years of recruiting experience
- Attending from across the US and Canada: 54% are traveling from outside of Seattle to attend this event (including 1 from Brazil!)
- Amazing Companies: Spotify, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft, MasterCard, Nintendo, T-Mobile, Autodesk, Target, REI, Costco, Disney, Nike, NBC Universal, PNC, Activision, Electronic Arts, Zillow, Loreal, Yahoo and more
So, if you are planning to attend Talent42, please stop by our table and register for our Kindle Fire giveaway, learn about Reveal Global Intelligence and how we might fit into your company and its strategic initiatives for hiring top technical talent. If you are on the fence and have not decided whether to attend, please use this discount code, T42REV, and get $100 off the ticket price, but space is limited so please don't wait! And if you are not able to make it this year, be sure to follow Talent42 on Twitter @talent42, @recruittoolbox, @vlastelica, @peopleshark, and/or @revealglobal in the event tips, techniques, and other highlights from the event are shared.